A day later but better than never. Been a while since the last one of these so a few more links than usual.
Word count this week: 10,000
Total word count: 40,600
Still looking like early July for finishing the second draft, total word count estimate now revised down to 112,000 words.
- The Grand Adventure to Find Your Voice – Chuck Wendig being awesome as always by stating the truth. Your voice is just you, you don’t need to work to find it.
- Readers Speak Out: Author’s Online Marketing Techniques – A good list of what not to do as an author trying to promote your book online.
- 25 Things You Should Know About Outlining – Chuck Wendig’s take on the matter, interest contrast to my own posts about the issue.
- The Game is Rigged – Why I’m done with ‘Indie’ Publishing – A thread on the KBoards website that starts with a writers complaints and then goes on to be a very interesting discussion on indie/self-publishing as a whole.
- Daniel Dennett’s seven tools for thinking – a great article on good life lessons from the Guardian.